How to Print Little Sprout’s Free Valentines Day Activities:
Printing our free activity sheets is super simple!
- Click the sight word flash card set that interests you
- On the next page, click the orange “Print” button. A PDF printable file will pop-up
- All printables are designed to be printed on 8.5 x 11 Letter Sized Paper
- Celebrate in excitement, get pumped, and start learning!
10 Fun Facts About Valentine’s Day
- In the 19th century, Richard Cadbury, part of a famous British chocolate-making family, started the tradition of giving boxes of candy for Valentine’s Day.
- The cute baby with wings and a bow and arrow we call Cupid has been linked to Valentine’s Day for a super long time! But, before his Cupid days, the ancient Greeks knew him as Eros, the god of love.
- Did you know that around 25% of people who have pets give them Valentine’s Day presents? Yep, even our furry friends get in on the love!
- “Lovebirds” isn’t just about people – it’s also the name of a super cute bird called Agapornis that loves being together with its special feathered friend!
- The Catholic Church recognizes three martyrs as saints name Valentine or Valentinus, who may have been inspirations for Valentine’s day!
- In the 5th Century, Pope Gelasius declared February 14 Valentine’s day!
- The very first valentine we know about is a sweet poem from a long time ago, way back in 1415! The Duke of Orleans wrote it for his wife to show how much he cared.
- A long time ago, men and women used to have a fun tradition on Valentine’s Day! They would pick special valentines from a box, and whoever got their valentine became their special valentine for a whole year!
- Each year over 145 Million Valentine’s day cards are given out!
- Valentine’s Day is the busiest day of the year for florists! About 250 million roses are grown each year for the holiday.