Free Printable Dinosaur Coloring Pages
These dinosaur coloring pages are for you, your children, and your students. It’s entirely up to you. Our free dinosaur coloring sheets are to print at no cost to you so, please, have at it and enjoy them.
10 Amazing Dinosaur Facts To Inspire Your Coloring Pages
Using our dinosaur coloring sheets can be more than just an art activity. They can be used to help stir up conversations about these prehistoric creatures. We scoured some highly regarded experts on the topic and put together some of the best dinosaur facts to help you.
- The Tyrannosaurus Rex, or T. Rex, stood up to approximately 20 feet tall! It’s estimated they weigh 7 to 8 tons. It is one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs to have roamed the earth.
- Many dinosaurs had feathers! This was discovered in the 1990s and changed our understanding of dinosaurs. It is definitely different than what we have seen in the movies!
- The herbivorous Stegosaurus had large plates running down its back and a spiked tail. Researchers believe these plates helped with temperature regulation or as a way for them to attract mates.
- Velociraptors, one of the most famous dinosaurs, are not as big as many think. Fossils reveal they weigh around 15-20 pounds and were around the size of a turkey.
- There is a dinosaur that is estimated to have weighed up to 100 tons and measured 100 feet in length! This is the Argentinosaurus. They lived in the late Cretaceous period.
- Pterodactyls’ wingspans were as wide as 40 feet!
- Diplodocus, a sauropod, had a neck that measured up to 35 feet in length and tails that measured 50 feet! That’s one long dino!
- The Spinosaurus is a carnivorous dinosaur that had a sail-like feature on its back. It’s thought this was for temperature regulation or as a display to attract mates. Also, it’s believed this dinosaur was able to swim because it had webbed feet.
- The Ankylosaurus had a heavily armored body. Its tail was club-like and could be used as a weapon against predators!
- The small, bird-like dinosaur called the Oviraptor had a crest-shaped skull. It’s believed that they took great care of their eggs and were nesting dinosaurs.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Feathered Dinosaurs .
Dinosaur Coloring Pages
Dinosaurs seem to be a universal passion for kids. Is it the mystery behind them? Is it the idea that these large, almost unfathomable, creatures roamed the earth millions of years ago that creates such intrigue among children? We don’t know, but what we do know is that kids love dinosaurs. Our wish is that they also love these illustrations and they enjoy letting their imaginations roam these dinosaur coloring pages. Lastly, if you enjoy these dinosaur pictures we suggest you print our Shark Coloring Pages!